- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375°F, and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty
- In a food processor (or by hand if you’re so inclined), finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce
- Stir the egg mixture into mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into 4 patties
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.