For those of you who don’t like oatmeal in a bowl…this is the perfect solution. Oats are so great for you it’s a shame not to have them in your diet. Oat fibre can decrease cholesterol levels and help keep blood sugar stable!
Preheat the oven to 350°F
1 1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 ripe banana mashed
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/8 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 egg or 1 flax egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/8 cup melted chocolate chips
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl and put aside.
- Mash banana in a separate bowl and to it add peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla to banana mixture. Stir until combined and then add dry mix to this.
- Bake in oven for 28-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick homes out clean.
- In 2 separate small bowls melt 1/8 cup of chocolate chips, at 15 second intervals in microwave with stirring in between. This will prevent burning the chocolate.
- Melt 1/4 peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
- When oatmeal is finished baking, pour both chocolate and peanut butter over top as desired.