This is a fantastic heart healthy, high fibre delicious recipe with a twist! One of the main ingredients is white kidney beans. Trust me…it’s delicious! To turn this recipe from gluten free into your old fashioned regular banana bread just leave out the sorghum flour, rice flour and the xantham gum and add 1 cup of flour in its place.
Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup white beans (non-salted, canned, rinsed and dried)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse beans (you made need to add about 1 Tbsp of water to help smooth out texture). Add banana and pulse, don’t worry about removing all lumps from banana. Put aside.
- In separate bowl, add all dry ingredients (sorghum flour, rice flour, ground flax, xantham gum, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- To this dry mixture add eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and honey. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Add bean mixture and stir again until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in.
- Pour batter into 8 X 4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minute or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.