Tex Mex Salad
This is one of my favorite things to make. It yields about 6 servings, keeps really well and tastes great cold or heated up. This can be eaten for supper one night and taken for lunch the next day.
- 2 baked skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups (one 16 oz. can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15 oz. can) corn, drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced, or 10-15 cherry tomatoes quartered
Blacken corn on the stove top with 1 Tbsp of oil.
Mix Chicken Breast, cooked and cooled quinoa, diced onion, garlic, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
Add spices and seasonings stir into quinoa along with, black beans, and corn.Stir in oil, tomato, and pepper, immediately before serving.