These are my favorite healthy, filling snack. So tasty and satisfying!!
Preheat your oven to 350°F
The whole recipe doesn’t involve any actual baking but you will be required to roast the nuts for 15 minutes. Be prepared to have your mouth water because the roasted nuts smell fantastic and add an amazing flavor and texture to the bars.
*raw nuts work best since they have not yet been processed or roasted.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of ground flax
- 2 cups of pitted dates + 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend everything in a food processor
- The dates should go first + the water. After this is mixed well you can add all other ingredients one at a time besides the nuts. When everything is mixed well you can remove the contents of the food processor and then blend the roasted nuts until they are tiny and pebble like. Once this texture is achieved you can then add back the date mixture and mix until blended well.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish and place in fridge for an hour to set before cutting.
- Last step. Enjoy!.